VERY nice rehearsals last few weeks!
Here are the specific point to remember to prepare over the for the next rehearsal on April 15th:
- We agreed to memorize all three movements by April 15th.
- It sounds AMAZING with dynamics and unified articulation – so memorize those details as well!
- Download a VIVALDI SCORE – and study OTHER parts while listening.
- Questions to be answered: How does each change in harmony in the 2nd movement feel? What is the character of the 3rd movement?
- LISTEN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3BHWBDheg
- Continue to hone the middle section of the third movement (string crossing section to the recapitulation).
- Be prepared to play in tempo and as a soloist.
- Goals: Find and collectively own the group pulse. What will the final tempo be?? (listen to the recording to get one possibility….)
- LISTEN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZW791uMSAQ
- PRINT you score and tape the pages. Use it while listening and ALWAYS bring to rehearsal. DOWNLOAD BACH SCORE (this version has measure numbers)
- Study the score to know how your part fits with everyone else – look for who has the 16ths!!
- Gallo/ Corelli:
- Continue to get to know the piece and LISTEN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-i1jz2Ob0&index=3&list=PL4BD25229586DF138
- Here are the Corelli parts courtesy of Phoebe: DOWNLOAD CORELLI PARTS
Looking forward to the last stretch before our performances. PLease take note and confirm these dates and times:
May 6th/7th: Collaborative Workshop and Concert with U of M, Hankinson Rehearsal Hall (SMTD)
- May 6th schedule:
- 10:30-12:30 – Workshop/ Rehearsal I
- 12:30-1:30 – lunch (provided by CMSa2)
- 1:30-3:30 – Workshop/ Rehearsal II
- May 7th:
- 1:00-2:30: Dress Rehearsal
- 3:00 Concert
May 14th***NEW DATE: Classical Studies Showcase, 3:00 @ Forsythe MS, curtain call 1:15
May 17th***NEW DATE: Chamber Recital, 7:00 @ CMSA2, 6:00 curtain call
FLASH Performance(s): We have toyed with the idea of doing a flash performance somewhere in town – a place where you wouldn’t expect to have a performance of Bach/ early music. Now is the time to think about where and when this could happen (probably later in May/ beginning of June). Let’s exchange ideas!